- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What qualities does Odysseus show in Books 9-12
The first 200 words of this essay...
What qualities does Odysseus show in Books 9-12?
Throughout the Odysseus we see many good and bad qualities of Odysseus.
Odysseus is known to be a great leader and these leadership qualities are presented in how he always looks out for his men. Although sometimes the advise he gives them is ignored and this reflects on the men's stubbornness.
This behaviour is seen before the attack of the Cicones. Odysseus takes from Troy what he needs and is eager to leave. However, his men ignore this order and stay to celebrate. This stubborn behaviour leads to the loss of 6 men from each ship.
However, the loss of Odysseus's men is very important in the Odysseys because it is important that he returns home alone.
Another of Odysseus's good leadership ships is that he always makes time for the important ritual of sending them off to the underworld,
'I would not let the curved ships sail before each of our poor comrades who had fallen in action against the Cicones had been tree times saluted with a ritual call'.
When Odysseus and his troops reached the land of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Classics (view all)
- To Kill A Mockingbird Essay
- Language - Antigone
- In the story Oedipus the King by Sophocles, Oedipus uses his...
- What Were The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Women In Athen...
- The Portrayal of Women in the Odyssey
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.