- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
1950's Fashion- Top designers and major trends
The first 200 words of this essay...
Top Designers 1950!! Key: *! = important/ top.
Responsible for dramatically changing the style of the 1950s, Dior created the" new look" which used lots of fabric and exaggerated the hourglass shape of the female figure. The new look was in direct contrast to the frugal and plain styles during the war, but women and the fashion industry embraced the move back to glamour. In 1955 Yves Saint Laurent joins Dior as a design assistant. In the same year Dior launches cosmetic range. He was a mainstream Haute Couture designer in France.
The H-line of 1954 was a slender tunic suit with a slim skirt that later became more of a dropped waist tubular twenties style dress with a hemline that was creeping upwards. This would become a classic 1950s fashion garment.
-Y line dress A line dress H line dress
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Textiles (view all)
- Cultural Product- Indian Interior Design Task Analysis
- Appliqu and quilting.
- Analysis and Evaluation of Final Design Generating ideas for...
- Final evaluation for A-line skirt
- A History of Fashion (1900-2003)
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student