- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Plywood is a manufactured board. It is used to case speakers. Birch-faced ply is a light coloured, high-quality plywood that colour-stains and varnishes easily.
Chipboard is also a manufactured board. It is cheap and will not warp or curl. Chipboard comes in two forms, plain and woodgrain, both of which are usually coated in plastic 'foil' or veneered to improve the finish and looks.
MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard) is another manufactured board. It used to fabricate boxes, and close-textured MDF is cut and sanded to make moulds for vacuum forming plastics. MDF must be glued using PVA carefully and precisely, and requires coating with paint many times to give a good finish, as it absorbs liquids readily.
Mild steel can be found in many different forms. Sheet steel, for example, is made into casings and a variety of brackets an fixings.
Bright drawn steel is made into round, square, tubular, angled and flat bar versions.
Mild steel can be cut and shape into components that are to be permanently fixed to the product. This is done
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Resistant Materials (view all)
- D.T Resistant Materials - Evaluation
- Desk and floor lamp research - aesthetics, cost, safety and ...
- Existing product research
- GCSE D&T Coursework
- Analysis of Design Brief
- Design Technology Investigation. Guiding question: How can ...
- Design need research for a new toy.
- Analysis of Research for my Lamp Design.
- Evaluating my design for a camping chair.
- Product Analysis - my table lamp design
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.