- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Evaluation for cake bases
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this project my aim was to produce a gift cake that could be mass produced and sold in a supermarket, in order to do this I had to research novelty cakes that are currently been sold in supermarkets. From the research I found that the target audience were usually children and occasionally adults. The most commonly used cake base was Madeira sponge, and buttercream and jam where used as an adhesive. I also found that the cake shapes were usually simple shapes e.g. circular, square, and rectangular. The novelty cakes were mainly covered and decorated in fondant icing. Serving size for the gift cakes were normally 12 servings. The information I collected helped me to produce my gift cake because it gave me a guideline and indication of what my gift cake should be similar to. In class we then researched different cake bases, so we could find the best to fit our needs, in the test the Madeira sponge best fit our requirements because it was the strongest base out of the ones we tested, it also had the longest shelf life. The flavour and texture of the cake were appropriate for my cake base. From
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Graphics (view all)
- Design a leaflet containing the information of the content o...
- Easter Egg Packaging Research
- ICT - Microsoft Publisher, Pizza restaurant menu.
- Design & Technonology
- Evaluation - produce proposals for the possible re-branding ...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.