- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
History of Shoes.
The first 200 words of this essay...
HISTORY OF SHOES
There is much evidence to suggest that shoes, or various foot coverings were one of the very first things that our ancient ancestors invented. They were forced, by necessity to invent some sort of foot covering to protect their feet from jagged rocks, burning sands and rugged ground over which they lived and predated for food and shelter.
The history of human development shows the importance of protecting the foot was recognised in the early stages of civilisation. Records of the Egyptians, the Chinese and other early civilisations all contain references to shoes. In the Bible, the shoe is mentioned on a number of occasions and the Hebrews also used it on several instances with legal significance, especially in binding a bargain.
From various different types of shoes, you can tell the myths and legends of different races. The shoe, even up until now, continues to tell those myths and legends which have come down on us. Stories like Mercury's Winged Sandals, Puss in Boots, Cinderella, and others all existed in some ancient and forgotten tongue, but are still well known to children. The shoe has also been known to bring luck
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Textiles (view all)
- Evaluation for textiles
- Environmental issues in textiles.
- Cultural Product- Indian Interior Design Task Analysis
- Development Details - Textiles - Cultural Products
- Design and technology project research methods.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.