- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Materials - Which is better: Man made or Natural?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Materials: Which is better: Man made or Natural?
Students like myself need to know what materials are available, how they behave in use and how they can be worked or processed during manufacture and construction. Having a good understanding of these will help me to select suitable materials for my products.
In choosing materials for a particular project, I will need to consider their physical and working properties, so that I am able to decide which material is best and which method of processing is required in order to turn raw materials into finished products.
I have to use a procedure called product analysis. This involves analysing and existing product in order to identify the materials that have been used, the properties that make them suitable for the task for which they have been designed as well as an awareness of the processes used in their manufacture, construction and assembly. All man-made materials are derived from one or several naturally found materials.
History of materials
Early human history is divided into eras named after the materials that were predominantly used at the time. The Stone Age, Copper age, Bronze Age and Iron Age suggest
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Resistant Materials (view all)
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s Furniture
- Resistant Materials Analysis
- My aim of this experiment is to recognize which material is ...
- Investigating The Effectiveness of a Home - Insulation Metho...
- Types and uses of soft woods, hard woods and manufactured bo...
- Design Technology Investigation. Guiding question: How can ...
- Design need research for a new toy.
- Analysis of Research for my Lamp Design.
- Evaluating my design for a camping chair.
- Product Analysis - my table lamp design
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'