- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The task has been set to make a hole punch (used to punch holes in thin strips of aluminium) suitable for a student in key stage 3.
- Essay length: 9158 words
- Submitted: 02/09/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Situation and Design Brief
Situation: At Exmouth Community College, Design Technology is a compulsory lesson for students in key stage 3 (years 7, 8 and 9). During the course the students will need to be able to punch holes in a variety of materials in order to join different components together - a hole punch is required to carry out this task.
The task has been set to make a hole punch (used to punch holes in thin strips of aluminium) suitable for a student in key stage 3. The only constraints are the limited resources and tools within school (unless accessible out of school) and the 40 hour practical construction time limit. As there are no other requirements of the hole-punch, the task is very open-ended; relevant research must be carried out in order to ensure every aspect of the hole-punch meets and exceeds the specified requirements.
Design Brief: I will design and make a hand operated hole punch (used to punch holes in aluminium) that will be suitable for key stage 3 students to enable them to make their own 'bolt-together' modelling kit. However, firstly, I will be carrying out research
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Resistant Materials (view all)
- GCSE D&T Coursework
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s Furniture
- Analysis of Design Brief
- Product Design - analysis of the XBox 360
- Major project Outline: Educational Toys
- Design Technology Investigation. Guiding question: How can ...
- Design need research for a new toy.
- Analysis of Research for my Lamp Design.
- Evaluating my design for a camping chair.
- Product Analysis - my table lamp design
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.