- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"Blood Wedding" By Federico Garcia Lorca.
The first 200 words of this essay...
By Federico Garcia Lorca
Plot and Sub-Plot
From the surface the plot of Blood Wedding is a very simple one. The Bridegroom is to be married to the Bride. The Bridegrooms mother initially expresses doubts having lost both her Husband and one son to an ongoing feud with the Felix family.
However, Leonardo, a member of the Felix family and old time love of the Bride's, begins to re-find his feelings. Having married and fathered a son since breaking up with the Bride, his position is difficult to say the least.
On the day of the wedding of the Bride and Bridegroom, Leonardo arrives early and explains his feelings to the Bride, that she only left him because he was poor. She vehemently denies this, but nothing can dull their passions for one another. However, as she explains "I'll shut myself away with my husband, and I'll love him above everything."
The wedding goes ahead. However, at the party after the wedding the Bride and Leonardo run away together. Once discovered the Bridegroom sets off in pursuit of them.
The Bride and Leonardo escape to the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Blood Brothers (view all)
- Theatrical Review of Willy Russell's Blood Brothers.
- The play we saw was Blood Brothers at the Phoenix Theatre in...
- World Literature Essay Number Two:The symbolism of Blood and...
- Blood Brothers
- Drama Coursework - Evaluation Of Live Performance
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student