- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What are the critical differences between content and process theories in motivation?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Drama and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
UBU number: 001017620
Question 3: What are the critical differences between content and process theories in motivation?
Work, Employment and society
Word count: 1994
There are many different things which influence people's behaviour and performance. Different things motivate different people and affect how each person performs. There are many different theories on motivation, which have all been subject to criticism and findings which contradict the original theory.
We need to look at what people feel and how they think in order to help predict their behaviour in given situations.
To study motivation you need to examine the two main theories: Process and content theories.
Content theory: Attempts to explain specific things, which motivate people in different situations. It is concerned with identifying people's needs and strengths. It looks at what motivates a person.
Process theory: Attempts to identify relationships among variables which make up motivation. How it is initiated and sustained. It looks at the process of motivation.
There are four main theories of motivation.
-Maslow's hierarchy of needs model
-Alderfer's modified need hierarchy model
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Reviews of Personal Performances (view all)
- "Explain the meaning of authority in relation to the pu...
- "How does our self esteem affect interpersonal communic...
- Critically evaluate the practical use of Person-Centred Coun...
- Theatre review of individual performing Jerry, from Jim Cart...
- The poem "Visiting hour" by Norman McCaig - review
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.