- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What are the different between the two families depicted in “Flight” & your “shoes”
The first 200 words of this essay...
What are the different between the two families depicted in "Flight" & your "shoes"
The story Flight is about an old man trying to come to terms with his granddaughter growing up. It is form a collection of short stories.
The scene is set and the mood of all the characters are established right at beginning of the story. The old man has some pigeons, which he keep as pets.
"Flight" is based around the similarity between the way the old man looks after his pigeons, and how he would like his granddaughters to be controlled and trained the same way. The pigeons are symbols representing his granddaughters. We see, however, that the birds return home. Whether his granddaughters will is another matter.
There is a contrast when you look at the syntax in "Your Shoes."Which is different from Flight. Here, we have a first person narrative, and because a character is speaking to us, we have the rhythms of speech, changes of direction in the flow of sentences and short, broken speech.This not the cone in Flight which is third person narrative and less personal.
Structuarally, the story is very clever. We gradually learn
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Reviews of Personal Performances (view all)
- Critically evaluate the practical use of Person-Centred Coun...
- Drama Essay - Blood Brothers
- In this essay I will explore Carl Rogers core conditions and...
- In Scott Russell Sanders "The Inheritance of Tools,&quo...
- Describe two of the following psychological approaches: the ...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.