- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What is Theatre?
The first 200 words of this essay...
What is Theatre?
At the beginning of the unit I didn't really know what theatre was, I suppose I had never really thought about it before, and had just assumed that by theatre people just meant the plays they performed or went to see. Throughout this topic though, I have learnt that its not just being on stage and playing your part, it how you play your part and the work and effort that goes into a performance and the exploration of the character you are playing. As we progress through the unit my perception of the word theatre changed greatly as I realised how much work it really was. The areas we worked on during this topic were, concentration, to do this we interrogated a member of our group. We looked at stage fighting and created a piece of drama involving this, we studied body language and character this is important so that the audience knows exactly what is going on and who you are. We also looked at movement, voice and ritual, which we explored in the form of a funeral.
When we worked on the interrogation I was in a group
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Reviews of Personal Performances (view all)
- What are the critical differences between content and proces...
- Critically evaluate the practical use of Person-Centred Coun...
- In this essay I will explore Carl Rogers core conditions and...
- Teechers - John Goodber. In my performance of teechers, I p...
- GCSE Drama: Responding (Sparkleshark)
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.