- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
William Shakespeare and his life.
- Essay length: 3017 words
- Submitted: 11/02/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
Question 1: William Shakespeare and his life
Very little it known about William Shakespeare's early years. There is no record of this live birth, but all that is known is that he was born in Stratford-upon-Avon in April of 1564. But there is record of him being baptized on the 26th of April, and since he died on the 23rd of April, most historians say that he was born on April 23rd, the same day he was born.
William's parents were John and Mary Shakespeare. His father held very high position in the little town. He was a whittawer and was a member of the city council, then constable, chamberlain, alderman, and the high bailiff (almost town mayor). A record of steep debt pulled John out of the high position and was kicked out of church for not paying his debts. Mary mothered 8 children, including William. William was the 3rd child and the first son. He would have attended Stratford's grammar school, of course, like all other records of the time, any documents proving his attendance have been lost.
On November 28, 1582, a town bishop issued a wedding bond for William "Shagspeare" and Anne
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Shakespeare Plays (view all)
- Sonnet 2 Analysis
- One Man In His Time Plays Many Parts
- William Shakespeare was the son of John Shakespeare, a leath...
- Critical Approaches to Shakespeare: Some Initial Observation...
- Symbols of Lust in Shakespeare's Venus and Adonis.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.