- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
‘A Taste of Honey’
The first 200 words of this essay...
Essay Chantal Chitayi
'A Taste of Honey'
Act two, scene one is an important part of the play because Jo is near the end of her pregnancy and Helen comes back to visit her but only because Geoff had asked her too.
Previously in the play Helen had married Peter and had gone to live with him, Jo got engaged to a black boy in the Navy, she became pregnant but he didn't come back after going away with the Navy. Jo didn't have a very good relationship with her mother and they had moved about a lot as Helen ran every time she couldn't pay the rent. Jo met Geoff who is a homosexual. He hasn't had sexual relations with a man but he knows he is gay because he has had liaisons with other men. Jo has left school and was going to work in a pub part-time.
The play is 'A Taste of Honey' and I am doing part of Act two scene one where Jo, Helen and Geoff are the main characters. This play is mainly set in Jo and Helen's flat where the time is around the 1950's. Helen and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Shelagh Delaney (view all)
- A Taste of Honey
- A Taste of Honey How does Shelagh Delaney present the changi...
- Book Review of Matilda.
- In "A Taste of Honey" Shelagh Delaney presents Jo ...
- A Taste of Honey Explore the likely similarities and differ...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.