- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
1984. Relating facts and details written in the novel, describe Winstons character as it relates to his attitude toward the Party. What series of thoughts and events contributed to his ultimate downfall?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Anglais : langue et littérature III
Essay : GEORGE ORWELL'S 1984
Mr. Paul Bougie
Département des langues
Collège Laflèche, Trois-rivières
Travail remis le 25 décembre 2011
Topic: Relating facts and details written in the novel, describe Winston's character as it relates to his attitude toward the Party. What series of thoughts and events contributed to his ultimate downfall?
eorge Orwell surely did not write the novel 1984 without a very specific goal in his head. This novel has nothing to do with the typical novels that are written to entertain only. Orwell's main objective in 1984 is to show the horrible aspects of totalitarianism. This hatred toward totalitarianism is felt throughout the entire novel, but specifically through the character of Winston, through his way of seeing things. Winston Smith is a character who shows a resistance to the Party, with his individuality and his intellectual ability to reason about everything that is going on around him. His character enables the reader to observe and understand the rough oppression that the Party, Big Brother and the Thought Police institute. The difference between
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1984 (view all)
- A Contrast between Winston's Relationships with Katharine an...
- 1984 - Key Incident Essay
- 1984 - What does Orwell do in the opening two pages of the n...
- Critical Analysis: 1984 George Orwell.
- Comparison of Offred and Winston in 1984 and The Handmaid's ...
- 1984 letter of warning to the future.
- I dont write about the future, I try to prevent it. Ray Brad...
- Discuss the way 1984 either challenges or supports the value...
- How does Orwells writing here make this extract so horrifyin...
- Read the following extract and explain how Orwell uses OBrie...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.