- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
1984 speech. I found 1984 to be a masterpiece- a powerful warning to the dangers of a totalitarian society.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Thankyou for having me. Though I have to say from watching that snippet of the Big Brother show that I am sure all of you will enjoy more of our discussion on the novel.
I agree, and I also believe that Orwell's background and experiences influenced his writing as well. He followed his father's footstep after education and joined the Indian Imperial Police though he resented the oppression of imperialism in the society. He quit the position and soon after, he suffered several years of poverty, which increased his hatred of authority; therefore 1984 clearly responses to Orwell's negative impression towards authoritarian governments and dictatorship.
(Initial opinion) I found 1984 to be a masterpiece- a powerful warning to the dangers of a totalitarian society. It is bold and confronting and the intricate details of the level of repression frighten the readers into challenging the beliefs and values of that society. The novel portrays a time where individuality can no longer exist due to absolute control demanded by the state. The people are repressed without their own thoughts or privacy, and taught to act only for the collective will. They cannot have relationships or show feelings to anything or
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1984 (view all)
- shocking literary techniques - George Orwell's 1984
- 1984 - Key Incident Essay
- Compare the Relationship and Characters of Winston and O'Bri...
- Critical Analysis: 1984 George Orwell.
- Forms of social control in George Orwell's 1984 and other eq...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.