- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
5 Gothic stories- The Tell Tale Heart, The Masque of the Red Death, The Cask of Amontillado, Frankenstein Chapter 3
The first 200 words of this essay...
Rakeshdeep Korotana 10.01 Deadline 10/10/06
ENGLISH GCSE COURSEWORK
The Tell Tale Heart
This is a story about a madman who lives with an old man and wants to murder him simply because of the fact that he doesn't like one of his eyes.
In the story it can be claimed that the narrator is obsessed with this old man's 'vulture eye' The reader believes that he is going over the top when he decides the only way to get rid of the old man's eye is to murder him. In the extract the narrator also clearly indicates what sort of effect the evil eye has on him, 'whenever it fell upon me my blood ran cold: and so by degrees- very gradually- I made up my mind to take the life of the old man' Just by saying this phrase this gives the reader the impression that the narrator is mad, despite the fact that he even says that he is not mad.
Next when he creates his plan to kill the old man, he is so obsessed in making sure that no one ever discovers that it was him
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- How does John Buchan create suspense in the book "The T...
- Explore how women are presented in Veronica and King Schahri...
- Dream holiday essay
- Mein Traumberuf. Ich wrde gern Musiker werden. Als ich klei...
- satire 1984
- The stories of Macbeth and Frankenstein are two texts depict...
- Compare the ways in which the two writers create an atmosphe...
- Compare how Orwell, a British novelist writing in the 1940s,...
- In the stories, The Meaning of Elephants and The Last Class,...
- Money and Happiness, It Never Works Together. In Goodbye Co...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.