- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A Comparison of two stories 'of Mice and Mice' And 'The Ostler'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Comparison of two stories 'of Mice and Mice'
And 'The Ostler'.
I begin by telling a short summary of the 19th century short story the 'Ostler' By Wilkie Collins.
The story begins by the narrator observing a troubled old Ostler talking in his sleep worriedly. Then story then goes on to where the troubled ostlers employer tells the tale of the young ostlers life. This young Ostler was called Isaac Scatchard he was always looking for work but his friends and neighbours used to call him ill luck Isaac< His ill luck was proverbial among his neighbours>. They called him this because he could never get a job and he would never be lucky with women in fact he was celibate all his life. Due to him being celibate the only relative he had was his mother.
One day Isaac decides he needs a job so on his birthday he went in search of a job. He searched the countryside for a job until he had no luck. It was getting late so Isaac wanted somewhere to stay for the night. He spied an inn. During that night at the inn Isaac
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
John Steinbeck (view all)
- Of Mice And Men
- 'Of Mice and Men' By John Steinbeck.
- Loneliness In Of Mice and Men
- What did George and Lennie gain from their friendship?
- The significance of Slim in 'Of Mice and Men
- Of Mice and Men Chapter One : how does Steinbeck present the...
- Explore the presentation of George and Lennies relationship ...
- How does Steinbeck explore different attitudes to women in O...
- Animal Imagery in 'Of Mice and Men'
- Describe the relationships in "Of mice and men".
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo