- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A Detailed Comparison Of two Murder mysteries "Lamb to the Slaughter" by R.Dahl and "The Speckled Band" by A.Doyle.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Detailed Comparison Of two Murder mysteries
"Lamb to the Slaughter" by R.Dahl and
"The Speckled Band" by A.Doyle
"Lamb to the Slaughter" and "The Speckled Band" are both Crime and Detection stories. But the two stories have their differences and similarities. In this essay I will compare the two stories about their approach to the narration, setting, characters, crime and their ending.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was born in 1859 and died in 1930, he was a trained doctor. "The Speckled Band" was one of the many short stories written by Doyle featuring Sherlock Holmes and his friend and companion Dr. Watson. Of all the stories in 'the adventures of Sherlock Holmes' "The speckled Band" is probably, the one that most successfully combines all the quality's of a classic detective story. The horror was set in the Victorian era when Jack the Ripper was the main topic of conversation and fear amongst the public. At that time there were a large number of crimes taking place in the country and the police force had just been introduced, But they were no help to the community mostly because of their lack of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Roald Dahl (view all)
- Lamb to the Slaughter and Vendetta
- Both 'The Speckled Band" and "Lamb to the Slaughte...
- In this essay I will be comparing and contrasting the storie...
- Examine the characters of Mrs Maloney in ‘Lamb to t...
- Compare and contrast the two short stories "The Speckle...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.