- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A View from the Bridge
The first 200 words of this essay...
Arthur Miller wrote 'A View from the Bridge´ in 1955. The structure of this play is relatively uncomplicated. It is set in the late 1940´s amidst the Sicilian community in Brooklyn, New York. It is said to be a modern version of a Greek tragedy with its powerful speeches and references to fate. A lawyer, Alfieri re-tells his account as he 'oversees´ the events that take place. The play is in two acts, but careful incisions by Alfieri help the audience to reflect on the events that have just happened. The title of the play is based on the Brooklyn Bridge and Alfieri having a view from on top of it. Since this play is supposed to be a modern version of a Greek tragedy, tragic events take place throughout the play. The concept of impending doom is something that is threatening to happen, and throughout this essay, I will go into depth about how Arthur Miller created this atmosphere through his written language and stage directions. This thrilling and tragic drama is about incestuous love, jealousy and betrayal.
Alfieri is a lawyer who works for the Sicilian community in Brooklyn. He opens the play with a very exposing
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Arthur Miller (view all)
- "Eddie Carbone is the classic tragic protagonist whose ...
- How does Miller present Eddie Carbone as a tragic hero in
- Past paper question on a view from the bridge
- Discuss How Miller Presents The Theme Of Greed And Envy with...
- "The flashback scenes in 'Death Of A Salesman' are the ...
- How is Eddie Represented in 'A View from the Bridge'?
- In some sense, 'The Crucible' has the arrangement of a trage...
- Death of a Salesman. What do you think makes this conversati...
- How does Miller make the Vinny Bolzano Story a Fascinating M...
- Jealousy is a very important theme in the play A view from a...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.