- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A View from the Bridge. This essay will explain and analyse how each individual main character talks in the play A View from the Bridge by Arthur Miller.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Character Speech Analysis: A View from the Bridge
By Daniel Goode
This essay will explain and analyse how each individual main character talks in the play 'A View from the Bridge' by Arthur Miller. It will cover the way in which the character's speech, including his or her mannerisms and accent, are affected. Examples are: their personality; the current and previous circumstances and surroundings; class; gender, and social position. It will also aim to provide important quotes made during the story, why and how they were given, and what the effects of these were. This essay will analyse the characters in Act I of the revised and extended play from 1956.
The play is set in 1950s America, in an Italian neighbourhood (Redhook) near the Brooklyn Bridge in New York.
Eddie is a fairly outgoing, friendly 40-year old man of average intelligence. He is the 'head of the household' and therefore is probably the most powerful member of the social scene. However, he attempts to control every important thing that goes on in the house and outside, especially when it comes to Catherine, his 17-year old daughter; as Alfieri quickly grasps, Eddie
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Arthur Miller (view all)
- Discuss How Miller Presents The Theme Of Greed And Envy with...
- A View From the Bridge - The whole of this play involves sym...
- How does Miller present Eddie Carbone as a tragic hero in
- Why and How Does Eddie Carbone Change As The Play Progresses...
- "A View from the Bridge" presents two totally dive...
- How is Eddie Represented in 'A View from the Bridge'?
- In some sense, 'The Crucible' has the arrangement of a trage...
- Death of a Salesman. What do you think makes this conversati...
- How does Miller make the Vinny Bolzano Story a Fascinating M...
- Jealousy is a very important theme in the play A view from a...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.