- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
A View From the Bridge - To what extent did Eddie Carbone bring his fate upon himself?
The first 200 words of this essay...
A View From the Bridge
To what extent did Eddie Carbone
bring his fate upon himself?
A View From the Bridge is a play set in the 1950's in Brooklyn, New York about a family who take the risk of welcoming illegal immigrants, Marco and Rodolpho, from Italy to stay in their home. As anticipated all hell broke loose and Eddie, the father of Catherine was murdered. Some say he was the victim and was just a hardworking, honest man who was protecting his daughter. Others say his behaviour was unacceptable and he was a judgmental, scheming, selfish man who had to realise that Catherine was not still his little girl, and brought his fate upon himself. Here's what I think.
Eddie Carbone is totally to blame for his death, although you could say he didn't deserve to die, which I agree with, however the facts prove that if Eddie had not done what he did he wouldn't have died.
Alfieri was a lawyer who Eddie turned to when he needed help in the situation. You could say that Alfieri was the 'view' from the bridge as he wasn't emotionally involved
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Arthur Miller (view all)
- How does Arthur Miller create drama and tension in Act 1 of ...
- 'The Crucible' by Arthur Miller - Discuss the appeal of 'The...
- A View from the Bridge - How does Miller create tension at t...
- Why and how does Eddie Carbone change as the play progresses...
- Discuss Arthur Miller's dramatic presentation of Mary Warren...
- The presentation of Catherine and Beatrice in Arthur Millers...
- Marco and Rodolpho- A view from the bridge
- How is Eddie Represented in 'A View from the Bridge'?
- In some sense, 'The Crucible' has the arrangement of a trage...
- Death of a Salesman. What do you think makes this conversati...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student