- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
After Reading Three Crime Stories, Which Detective Do You Find Most Believeable?
The first 200 words of this essay...
AFTER READING THREE CRIME STORIES, WHICH DETECTIVE DO YOU FIND MOST BELIEVEABLE?
Over the last few weeks I have thoroughly analyzed four uniquely different detective stories. Each story was gripping and compelling in its own way. The first story I read was titled 'A Wife in a Million' by Val McDermid. Basically in this story detective Maggie Staniforth is called in to investigate mysterious murders occurring in the area, whilst trying to keep her relationship under control. The second story is titled 'The Man with the twisted Lip' written by the legendary Sir Arthur Conan Doyle'. In this detective story Detective Sherlock Holmes and his partner Dr James Watson try to unravel an ominous case where a man seems to vanish without a trace. In this case Holmes has to use all his legendary detective qualities to unravel a truly bizarre case.
The third story which I read was titled 'superfluous Murder' written by Milward Kennedy. In this ironic story Mr. John Mansbridge attempts to kill his cousin Felix Mansbridge in a bitter money dispute, however it becomes evident that John Mansbridge is too smart for his own good, and it is up to the detective
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Arthur Conan Doyle (view all)
- Compare / Contrast 3 villains and 3 victims from The Speckle...
- Discuss how Conan Doyle presents the character of Dr Roylott...
- The Hound Of The Baskervilles "How Does the Author use ...
- Compare and contrast the two detective stories ‘Thr...
- The Characteristics of Sherlock Holmes
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.