- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
An Analysis of a Favourite Grace Nichols Poem.
The first 200 words of this essay...
An Analysis of a Favourite Grace Nichols Poem
In this essay I will be writing about one of the Grave Nichols poems that I have studied. I will refer to other poems that have the same theme or technique that Grace Nichols uses. I have decided to analyze "Childhood".
Grace Nichols was born in Georgetown, Guyana in 1950. She was educated at St. Stephan's Scot School, PPI High School and Guyana's University. She worked as a teacher, a Guyanese Government employee and a freelance journalist before she moved to Britain in 1977. She is now regarded as the most authoritative spokeswoman among contemporary black women poets in Britain today. "The Fat Black Woman's Poems", which she wrote in 1984 uses humor to deconstruct a racial and sexual stereotype, this collection of poetry is the one I have studied and will be analyzing an extract from.
This poem describes about growing up in another culture. The way it's expressed is by using the aspect of catching fish. When she moves from the culture she's adapted to and arrives another where they catch fish differently, she finds it strange. She has a lot of positive
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Grace Nichols: Hurricane Hits England (view all)
- Grace Nichols is a poet who has written poems about immigrat...
- In what ways is Grace Nichols Using an Individual, Character...
- What Do You Find Interesting About The Work Of Grace Nichols...
- What does the language of Grace Nichols’ have to te...
- Hurricane hits england
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.