- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
An Inspector Calls Essay - Compare 2 characters from the play and show how Priestley wants us to react to them
The first 200 words of this essay...
An Inspector Calls Essay:
Compare 2 characters from the play and show how Priestley wants us to react to them
An inspector calls is a play written by J. Priestly based on a pre world war 1 family.
The play starts with a relaxed dinner celebrating Mr. Birling's daughter's engagement to a young man named Gerald Croft. As the evening progresses ,it becomes more and more obvious that the evening isn't as normal as it seems but is infact a battle of conflicts and interests. The play also takes a strange turn of events when a rather gloomy looking character arrives ,namely Inspector Goole , who is investigating the death of a certain Eva Smith who was fired by Mr Birling to begin with because she wanted to have a slightly larger salary .
In the play Priestley gives the audience an array of different types of characters all whom represent and can be taken into consideration as examples of types of human beings whom we find ourselves surrounded with each day .
Mr. Arthur Birling is presented by Priestley as being an egotistical self centred individualist who tends to quite often ignore
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
J.B. Priestley (view all)
- Discuss The Role Of Eric Birling In The Play: An Inspector C...
- "We don't live alone. We are members of one body. We ar...
- The Meaning Of An Inspector Calls - J.B. Priestly
- Gerald Croft tells the Inspector about his kindness to Daisy...
- An Inspector Calls - Act 1
- An Inspector Calls: Do you think Mrs Birling is more to blam...
- An Inspector Calls Extract - Act One. W h a t d o e s t ...
- Explore the Development of the Character of Sheila in 'An In...
- How does Priestly portray Mr Birling in Act 1?
- How is Eva Smith presented in the play? What is the function...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.