- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analysis of Lord of the Flies.
- Essay length: 13254 words
- Submitted: 04/11/2003
Not what you were searching for?
The first 200 words of this essay...
In the midst of a war, a transport plane carrying a group of English boys is shot down over the ocean. It crashes in a thick jungle on a deserted island. Scattered by the wreck, the surviving boys lose each other. The pilot is nowhere to be found. Wandering down from the jungle to the water, one of the older boys, Ralph, meets Piggy, a chubby, intellectual boy, on the beach. Ralph and Piggy look around the beach, wondering what has become of the other boys from the plane. They discover a large white conch shell; Piggy realizes that it could be used as a kind of makeshift trumpet. He convinces Ralph to blow it to find the other boys. Summoned by the blast of sound from the shell, boys begin straggling onto the beach. The oldest among them are around twelve; the youngest are only five. Among the group is a boys' choir, dressed in black gowns and led by an older boy named Jack. They march to the beach in two parallel lines. The boys taunt Piggy, mocking his appearance and his nickname. Jack snaps at them to stand at attention.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
William Golding (view all)
- Lord of the flies: How does Golding Present the Loss of Inn...
- Fear of the Unknown- Lord of the Flies
- Growing Up- Lord of the Flies
- Why is setting significant in Lord of the Flies?
- No rules leads to chaos - Lord of the flies
- I will explore how the themes of civilisation and barbarity ...
- Lord of the Flies -Symbolism and the Character of Jack.
- Macbeth by Shakespeare and Lord of the Flies by William Gold...
- How Does Golding Use The Island As A Character In Lord Of Th...
- How does Golding convey the differences between Jack, Simon ...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'