- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analysis of The Voyage by Katherine Mansfield
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analysis of "The Voyage" by Katherine Mansfield
This analysis is about a short story called "The Voyage" which is written by Katherine Mansfield (1888-1923). The writer was born in Wellington, New Zealand then she got part of her education at Queen's College, London, and returned to live there from 1908. This short story from 1922 is one of her late stories and was posthumously published in the collection The Garden Party in 1923.
Reading her writings you can often recognize that the main dramatic event is completely suggested and it is replaced by a less remarkable occurence. "The Voyage" is one of the best examples of this writing method. The theme is that Fenella's mother died, and his father does not take it upon himself to bring up the child alone, so he leaves the little girl with grandparents who live in another island. But it is not explained in the story; we have to fit together the pieces of information from short dialogues like in a jigsaw puzzle. So at the heart of the matter is the mourning, the loss of mother which is not written in the short story, but you can make
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Coursework essay a Christmas carol
- An Evil Cradling - Into the dark - use of language
- Who is essentially responsible for the hangings of the so-ca...
- Role of women in For me from you and Poem at thirty nine
- Still I Rise vs I Too Sing America
- The stories of Macbeth and Frankenstein are two texts depict...
- Compare the ways in which the two writers create an atmosphe...
- Compare how Orwell, a British novelist writing in the 1940s,...
- In the stories, The Meaning of Elephants and The Last Class,...
- Money and Happiness, It Never Works Together. In Goodbye Co...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.