- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Argumentative Essay - Smoking.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aman Nijjar Nijjar 1
Wednesday May 28,2003
Smoking is one of the leading killers in North America and innocent people shouldn't die because of it. For years people have been smoking in public thinking 'it's my body, I can do whatever I want to it,' but now that it has been proven that smoking not only harms the smoker, but also those around him or her, they should not be allowed to smoke around other people in public. Smoking in public places causes a considerable amount of harm to people and the government should be doing more to protect its citizens
Cigarettes are full of many harmful substances and if many people knew what they were inhaling they would probably quit immediately. Cigarette smoke contains thousands of chemicals, over sixty of which can cause cancer (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/tutorials/smokingthefacts/hp099201.html). Many of the ingredients in cigarettes are not substances that humans usually consume, but smokers (and the non-smokers around them) do. Some of the ingredients contained in cigarettes are a type of rat poison, a type of paint stripper, a type of toilet cleaner, lighter fuel,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Letter to the editor
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Write a speech to persuade young people not to smoke
- Argumentative Piece: Undermining of Teenagers By The Media
- A right to reply - teenagers in the media letter.
- Why I Hate TV Talent Shows Article
- Report on the food and drinks available for students in your...
- Does Reality TV really portray reality?
- Feature Article Task - Teens and gangs.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.