- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Arthur Conan-Doyle is the acclaimed author of the infamous Sherlock Holmes short stories.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Arthur Conan-Doyle is the acclaimed author of the infamous Sherlock Holmes short stories. His stories, although often different in setting and subject follow certain characteristics that link them all together. The characteristics enable us to distinguish Conan-Doyle's stories from stories of a similar genre, and allow the reader to stay interested in the whole series of stories as certain main features of the stories such as the relationship between Holmes and Watson can remain fairly consistent and yet there may be slight changes to keep the reader on their toes.
The first characteristic of a Sherlock Holmes short story is the introduction made by Watson, although it is not always Watson telling the story it is always the good Dr who introduces the reader to the next exciting adventure. In most occasions Dr Watson does continue to narrate the whole story as most of he stories are recited to us from Watson's notes. However, on certain occasions like in the case of the Musgrave Rituals it is Holmes telling the story of a past case to Watson.
From the Musgrave Ritual we begin to realize how much Holmes is admired by Watson. This is another
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Arthur Conan Doyle (view all)
- Write a diary entry or entries as if you are Helen Stoner. R...
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle uses many literary devices to convey ...
- How Society is reflected in Conan Doyle's 'The Speckled Band...
- The structure language and characterisation of Conan Doyle's...
- Sherlock Holmes - Explain what is revealed about life and be...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.