- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Blood Brothers- With reference to the way Russell presents Mickey- Show how far you agree that Mickey is responsible for the things that go wrong in his life.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Willy Russell and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
With reference to the way Russell presents Mickey- Show how far you agree that Mickey is responsible for the things that go wrong in his life.
Russell reveals much about the characters in the play through use of dramatic methods. Russell does this by using Music and Song, movement, staging and language. These methods come together to show us a complete picture of Mickey's life.
Russell shows Mickey as a jealous and envious person. This is evident when Mickey confronts Edward towards the end of the play.
"Does my child ... as well as everythin' else?"
Mickey is jealous of Edwards's life. Edward has everything and Mickey is left with nothing. This is particularly shown during the finale of the play when Mickey, who is fed up with having nothing and depending on other people, confronts Edward. Mickey's language and movement show his anger and frustration. Mickey uses foul language and his body language e.g. Pushing/Shoving shows anger. Mickey's life goes wrong at this point and it is totally his fault. His resentment and rage against Edward makes him go to the extreme and kill Edward.
Mickey is very naive
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Blood Brothers (view all)
- Explore how the theme of different social worlds is presente...
- Travel Writing - Euro Disney in Paris, France.
- Blood brothers - Live Performance Review
- Compare how Willy Russell portrays the two brothers in Blood...
- English Literature - Blood Brothers
- At the beginning of the play "Blood Brothers", the...
- How and why is the Summer Sequence Song the turning point in...
- How is the character 'Mrs Johnstone' portrayed in the play '...
- Mickey Johnston Timeline - Blood Brothers by Willy Russell
- How does Willy Russell explore the themes of class and socie...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.