- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Book of the Dead...
The first 200 words of this essay...
Book of the dead Part 1
My name is Alice. I live with Mrs and Mr Blackwood in an old house on Oxford street in London. My life is not a girls life, it is not a happy and glamorous life like the girls I see through my window. No, I am held in my room all day long. I do not go to school and I have no friends. I am practically chained to a bar connected with the cold wall of bricks in my room which is downstairs, in the basement.
In here, I barely exist. There is a stream of light coming from my only window. A normal person would not call it a window, but it makes me feel better to say that I have a one. Every day, the morning light shines on a spot in the corner. I love this corner. In fact, that is were you are right now. I used to sit on my mattress reading books but that was before they took them from me, the candles. It was last month when I piled all my books and burned them, trying to torch the house and make
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Descriptive Writing Of A Beach
- Me, myself and my dreams
- Descriptive writing. Scene at a busy market place
- Describe the scene of a school lunch hall
- My Nightmare
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student