- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
By close critical reading, establish which if any of Wordsworths Lucy poems deserves to be regarded as the odd-one-out.
The first 200 words of this essay...
By close critical reading, establish which - if any - of Wordsworth's "'Lucy'" poems deserves to be regarded as the odd-one-out.
'Strange fits of passion I have known' is about a man on a horse to see his lover. 'my horse drew nigh those paths so dear to me.' The horse knew exactly where he was going so no instructions needed. Wordsworth had written this poem so it has a parallax effect, and the readers view changes going through the poem. The rhyme scheme for this poem is abab, the wording to this poem was complicated but the words fitted perfectly as there was no word that wasn't needed. Wordsworth probably based this poem on a newspaper story. 'Fresh as a rose in June' comparing a woman to a rose means that she is very pretty at the start then after some time its starts to wither and become unimportant and ugly then eventually dies, so this means she won't last. This poem is based on romance and weirdness not hate but at the end of the poem 'Lucy' is dead.
'''Lucy' Gray, or 'Solitude'' the base of this poem is that there are three characters- a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
William Wordsworth (view all)
- Compare and contrast two poems that you have studied.
- Winter Poetry - Skating at Night William Wordsworth.
- Compare the works of William Wordsworth and R L Thomas showi...
- Comparing and contrasting 'i thank you God' by e.e. cummings...
- This essay is going to compare the content, the structure an...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.