- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
candyman vs. bloody mary
The first 200 words of this essay...
Most people would assume that Candyman and Bloody Mary are just alike; but in fact they have many differences that most would not know unless they were familiar with the background stories of the two. Candyman; born as Daniel Robitaille, was an artist chosen by a rich, white landowner to paint a portrait of his daughter Caroline. The setting causes a love affair between Daniel and her, resulting in Caroline becoming pregnant. When Caroline's father hears of the affair and pregnancy, Daniel is chased out of town and hunted down by him and many angry farms men. He was then tortured by having his right hand sawed off by a rusty blade and his body being coated with fresh honey. A small boy tastes the honey on Daniel's hand and says, "Candyman." The crowd then shouts out the name five times while bees swarm over his body, stinging him thousands of times. Caroline's father taunts him on the way he now looks, with a mirror; he was forced to watch himself die while uttering his last words..."Candyman."
Bloody Mary, on the other hand, was the first born daughter of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Persuasive Speech - Poverty
- Write a Newspaper article about a TV advert you love or loat...
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Duties and Responsibilities of a Student
- Argumentative writing - school uniform letter
- Are widely held view are often wrong, or are such views more...
- Is there always a "however"?
- Analysis of a persuasive speech delivered by Hilary Clinton ...
- I Am Legend Film review
""Zoey. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.