- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Cars! Are they really necessary? Persuasive essay.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Cars! Are they really necessary? Persuasive essay
How many people do you know who don't have a car? Chances are the list is a very short one. Where would we be without our cars? How would we get to school or work? In a perfect world every one would use public transport and drive smart cars. But lets face it! How often does the two o'clock bus come at two o'clock or the 5pm train come at 5pm. Public transport just isn't reliable. And who wants to be the first to own a car, which you charge at night like your mobile phone. It sounds a bit gaudy, don't you think?
Did you know that 3423 people were killed on the roads in the year 2001? And in the U.K. alone there are over 29,000,000 cars! 3Every year we slaughter a great percentage of the population just because of the car. Transport is the single biggest cause of air pollution, asthma is on the increase, people are allergic to the fumes which can lead to serious illnesses and that's all before the people even go anywhere near a car!
1/84 children born today will
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- English Book Report. "Godless" by Pete Hautman. ...
- My Favourite Place
- Tragic Love Story
- First Flight
- poem The sad story of Lefty and Ned
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.