- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Casino Royale" successfully invigorates the outdated James Bond franchise for a modern audience.
The new James Bond, Daniel Craig, has a very different personality than the previous. Originally Bond would use gadgets and guns to kill and would consider women as lesser beings. Martin Campbell, director, changed Bond's characteristics to suit the more modern audience (i.e. female audience and action lovers). Campbell also changed the expectation from the plot by cutting of the car chase scene, Bond getting captured instead of girl, first Bond girl dying un-expectantly, etc. This was because Bond films where getting too predictable.
These days the old James Bond could be said to be 'invincible', sexist and old fashioned which is not what the audience is interested in anymore, what people want to see though is hand to hand combat and charm because this is what the male audience want to see and Bond always has an interesting relationship with Bond girls.
The opening scene in 'Casino Royale' shows us how James Bond gets the 007 status. You need to kill two people to obtain this and the opening scene shows us these kills. His first kill was very hard
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Descriptive Writing Of A Beach
- Me, myself and my dreams
- Descriptive writing. Scene at a busy market place
- Describe the scene of a school lunch hall
- A slave's diary.
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.