- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Charlie and the chocolate factory film review
The first 200 words of this essay...
Charlie and the chocolate factory
Tim Burton's remake of Roald Dahl's "Charlie and the chocolate factory" is a magical, uplifting film to capture the minds of all ages. Children will become engaged in the brightly coloured factory where elements of fantasy are realistically portrayed. However, the older viewers will notice a deeper, sinister view of Willy Wonka's miraculous world, with the contrasting darkness in the flamboyantly decorated rooms. These contrasts in colour may reveal a darker, lonely side to the cheerful, flamboyant Willy Wonka behind his wild imagination. John August adds extra narrative to the film, as shown in Willy Wonka's flashbacks of his past, which leads the viewers to believe that his loneliness is the result of a difficult relationship with his oppressive dentist father. The director of the film, Tim Burton, has directed many popular films throughout his career that depict a similar atmosphere, "Big Fish" and "Sleepy Hollow" are just two of his critically acclaimed films that conjures up a mysterious atmosphere. Burton has worked closely with the main character in the film "Charlie and the chocolate factory" in previous films. Johnny Depp who plays the naive Willy Wonka and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Life in the trenches letter home
- The Importance of Being Earnest
- Critical Essay - All Quiet on the Western Front
- "Children of Men" vs "1984"
- The pieces of silver
- The stories of Macbeth and Frankenstein are two texts depict...
- Compare the ways in which the two writers create an atmosphe...
- Compare how Orwell, a British novelist writing in the 1940s,...
- In the stories, The Meaning of Elephants and The Last Class,...
- Money and Happiness, It Never Works Together. In Goodbye Co...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo