- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Closely examine Old Major's Speech to the animals in Chapter 1 and disscuss the ways he uses language to persuade his listeners
The first 200 words of this essay...
Closely examine Old Major's speech to the animals in Chapter 1 and discuss the ways he uses language to persuade his listeners.
The novel Animal Farm by George Orwell illustrates the rebellion of animals on a farm that overthrow Mr. Jones, the original owner and begin to control the farm themselves. The novel describes many themes such as the totalitarianism of Napoleon and how he begins to run the farm using savage methods to control his fellow animals. Animal Farm also goes into details of the weaknesses of a naïve working class and how situations of abused workers do not always occur due to the actual oppressors but instead occur due to the naivety of those being oppressed. This essay deals with the spark of these themes and motifs that are presented throughout the novel. A speech expressed by Old Major in chapter 1 of Animal Farm uses several language techniques to convince his fellow animals of his ideology of a perfect farm where animals work for themselves. What the animals once believed to be impossible was reversed by the impressive inducement of Old Major with help of several language techniques that are present throughout his speech.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Animal Farm (view all)
- How does Orwell use the fable form to explore ideas about po...
- Explore the theme of Betrayal in Animal Farm.
- How does Major seek to persuade the animals in chapter one o...
- Who is the hero of Animal Farm?
- Chapter's 7 - 10 Summary of Animal Farm.
- Animal Farm-Question form an Extract from Chapter 8.
- In the novel Animal Farm, author George Orwell shows through...
- Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. Disc...
- Explore the ways that the writers use contrast within a char...
- Animal Farm is a story of betrayal; a fable which uses anima...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.