- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Compare and Contrast “Tony Kytes” the Arch Deceiver By Thomas Hardy and “Tickets Please” By Dh Lawrence.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare and Contrast "Tony Kytes" the arch deceiver by Thomas Hardy and "Tickets Please" by DH Lawrence.
Thomas Hardy was born in 1840 and died in 1928. DH Lawrence was born in 1885 and died in 1930. "Tony Kytes the arch deceiver" was written in 1894 and "Tickets Please was written in 1922. There is a 28 year gap between the two stories. In this essay I intend to examine this 28 year difference and to see what bigger difference it would have on the events that take place in the two stories.
"Tony Ktyes" is set in the countryside whereas "Tickets Please" is set in a urban world. It's described as the 'black industrial countryside' in the start. Both stories are set far apart and there are many differences between countryside and city. "Tony Kytes" is set in Wessex, south western England and has a Dorset influence. On the other hand "Tickets Please" is set in the Midlands in Nottinghamshire, from where the writer of the story DH Lawrence came from. In the city, it is bound to be more advanced and up-to-date. It can be radical and busy also. "Tony Kytes is set in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
DH Lawrence (view all)
- Focusing on Tickets please discuss the ways in which DH Lawr...
- Why Is the Story called Fanny and Annie?
- Comparison Essay: The Shades of Spring & Things by D.H L...
- In D.H. Lawrence's, "The Rocking-Horse Winner," th...
- What kind of effects does the language achieve in Sylvia Pla...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.