- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Compare and Contrast the Poems "The Thickness of Ice" and "Twice Shy".
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Comparative Essays and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare and Contrast: - The Thickness of Ice and Twice Shy
The Thickness of Ice is poem about the different stages a couple go through in a relationship. The main themes in this poem are friendship and love and how these two can blend together. The title has been chosen by Loxley to show a positive side to relationships. "The Thickness of Ice" is positive as "Thickness" shows stability and safety. During this poem, "Thickness" is an oxymoron as well. The speaker in this poem is Loxley herself. I think this is true because the poem seems quite personal and sounds like it comes from a female's perspective. It is also emotional and very meaningful. It seems that Loxley is trying to explain to us the different stages a relationship can go through if not taken seriously. In this poem she tells us one way that is the most often way in which a relationship goes in. This is what makes it so powerful and yet sounds so personal. I think she wrote the poem to show us how she felt after a bad experience in a relationship and could also be a warning to all of us about
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparisons (view all)
- Compare how poets present the experience of soldiers in Bayo...
- Compare the similarities and differences between two poems. ...
- Comparison of poems Refugee Blues by W.H.Auden and You Will ...
- The poems, "I am not that woman" by Kishwar Naheed...
- 'Beeny Cliff' and 'On Wenlock Edge'
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.