- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Compare and Contrast the two short stories Lamb to the slaughter(1954) and The Adventure of the Speckled Band (1892).
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare and Contrast the two short stories Lamb to the slaughter(1954) and The Adventure of the Speckled Band(1892)
'Lamb to the Slaughter' was written by Roald Dahl in 1954.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote 'The Speckled Band' in 1892. His stories are about the famous detective Sherlock Holmes. Before readings this story I knew that Sherlock Holmes was a famous detective working with fellow college Doctor Watson and Scotland Yard.
The victim in 'Lamb to the Slaughter' is Patrick Maloney. He was married to Mary Maloney. He was killed when Mary Maloney hit him over the head with a leg of lamb. We started to suspect something was wrong when quoted "on the evening of his death Patrick Maloney did an unusual thing. He finished his drink very quickly and then poured himself out another very strong one." Another clue that may suggest that something is wrong is that he takes a long time to reply to his wife "he didn't answer", "Her eyes waited on him for an answer, a smile, a little nod, but he made no sign." "He had finished the second drink and was staring down into the glass, frowning."
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Roald Dahl (view all)
- Comparison between two short storys - Roald Dahl's Lamb to t...
- Analytical essay on Roald Dahl's 'The Landlady'.
- In this essay I am going to compare two short stories called...
- 'Lamb to the Slaughter' and 'The Speckled Band' are both mur...
- The Lamb to the slaughter - Roald Dahl
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.