- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Compare the behaviour of the men and women in the two stories, one written before and one after the 1900. Explore what you discover and how you learn of the writer’s viewpoints.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare the behaviour of the men and women in the two stories, one written before and one after the 1900. Explore what you discover and how you learn of the writer's viewpoints.
In this essay I will be comparing two stories one set before the 1900 and one after. The stories are "Tony Kytes", set around 1870, and "Tickets Please", set around 1918. "Tickets Please" was set after the war, in a world where women were more independent and stood up for any rights they had, working in the men's environments sometimes made them to become more like men as well. Before the war, women never did any work except for in the houses and lived a traditional lifestyle with traditional attitudes. They were supposed to respect their men and make him a good wife and they seem to accept this- "I would make you a finer wife" said one as she tried to get Tony to marry her. This was not true all the time, because some had worked in lower class sectors.
"Tony Kytes is similar to "Tickets Please", they are both about men who charm and cheat on women and basically play around with them.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
DH Lawrence (view all)
- D.H. Lawrence's "The Odour of Chrysanthemums" - re...
- Comparison Essay: The Shades of Spring & Things by D.H L...
- Compare and contrast 'Last Lesson of the Afternoon,' 'The Be...
- Why Is the Story called Fanny and Annie?
- "Snake" By D. H. Lawrence - review
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student