- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Compare the poems 'Remember' and 'A woman to her lover' - What do you learn from these two poems about the writer's feelings towards their loved ones?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Poetry and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare the poems 'Remember' and 'A woman to her lover'.
What do you learn from these two poems about the writer's feelings towards their loved ones?
In this essay I will be analysing two poems 'Remember' written by Christina Rossetti and 'A woman to her lover' written by Christina Walsh.
These poems are concerned with the themes of love and loss and were written in the 19th century.
'Remember' is a poem about a woman who when she is going to die wishes for her lover to remember her.
'A woman to her lover' is about a woman from her perspective how her lover won't treat her. In this essay I will discuss the morals of the poems and the feelings and thoughts of the people described in the poems by the poets.
I am going to analyse the poem 'Remember'. It is a sonnet and has 14 lines and one stanza. Usually sonnets are used to express emotion and feelings connected with love. In this poem the writer expresses how she feels about her loved one, that she wants him to remember her when she is going to die to remember
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Love Poetry (view all)
- Monologue on Havisham
- Cousin Kate & Porphyrias Lover - analysis of how love i...
- 'Twickenham Garden' by John Donne is a meta-physical poem
- "My Last Duchess" and "To His Coy Mistress&qu...
- Married state
- The poem first love is written by John Clare. The thoughts h...
- How do two poems you have studied explore the differences be...
- "Loves Diet" by John Donne
- The poem Go and catch a falling star is written by the humor...
- Love & Loss - analyse and compare two different love and...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.