- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparing a traditional murder story with an unconventional one -
The first 200 words of this essay...
English Literature Coursework
Comparing a traditional murder story with an unconventional one
"The Speckled Band" by Sir Arthur Doyle
"Lamb To The Slaughter" by Roald Dahl
The speckled band is written in a very genre, this genre is murder mystery. The speckled band was one of the first in a long line of fantastic short stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. In my essay I will be looking closely at the events and their layout in the story very closely. I will also be explaining why certain events are expected to happen, and on top of all of this I will explain the characteristics of the characters.
Firstly about the characters, the great detective Sherlock Holmes is very calm under pressure this characteristic is put to good use every time Sherlock Holmes is working out a plan of how to solve the mystery. Sherlock is also a confident man who isn't afraid to say what e thinks, he isn't actually scared of anything. He is also very observant, this characteristic is needed by every great detective, an example of this I will now quote below:-
'....I observe the second half of a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Roald Dahl (view all)
- Captain Murderer By Charles Dickens
- Critical Response – The Landlady.
- Analytical essay on Roald Dahl's 'The Landlady'.
- Oral presentation - "Both Mrs. Maloney (Lamb to the sla...
- The Lamb to the slaughter - Roald Dahl
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student