- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparing Message and To his coy mistress.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Comparing Message and To his coy mistress
Message by Wendy Cope
It is about a woman who is waiting for a man to ring her. She is getting very anxious. She gives the impression she hasn't had much luck with men in her life and wants to meet someone special before it's too late. She wants the man to ring her up because she thinks it will be hard to find anyone else like him "Good, old-fashioned men like you are rare". She thinks she has found love this time; she suggests that she has had other relationships that weren't successful. She exaggerates a lot and uses irony to make a serious point. "Well, wouldn't it be nice to consummate our friendship while we've still got teeth and hair?"
To his coy mistress by Andrew Marvell
The poem is about a man whose girlfriend is very shy; he wants to sleep with her but she is too shy. He is saying that if he had all the time in the world then he wouldn't mind her being shy. "Had we but world enough, and time, this coyness Lady were no crime". Near to the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Andrew Marvell (view all)
- Compare and contrast the following two poems - 'Even Tho' by...
- "To his coy mistress" by Andrew Marvell and "...
- The Metaphysical Poets: John Donne and Andrew Marvell.
- To His Coy Mistress.
- Analysis of 'To His Coy Mistress' by Andrew Marvell (1621-16...
- "To His Coy Mistress" Response
- Metaphysical Love Poems
- Andrew Marvells To His Coy Mistress was written in the Seven...
- English essay
- To his coy mistress by Andrew Marvell
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.