- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Comparing the two poems Refugee Blues by W H Auden and Disabled by Wilfred Owen
Are you in the right place?
Jump to War Poetry and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Comparing the two poems âRefugee Bluesâ by W H Auden and âDisabledâ by Wilfred Owen
Wilfred Owen and W H Auden are both war poets, each experiencing a different war but both expressing the same feeling-loss. The two poems âDisabled; by Wilfred Owenâ and âRefugee Blues by W H Audenâ were both a passionate response to the horrors of war. âDisabledâ talks about a warrior, in third narrative perspective, during World War 1, who has lost his youth as he believed that this will make his country, friends, family and lover proud. Whereas âRefugee Bluesâ is written in first person who conveys the plight of the German Jews during the time of World War 2. Although both of these poems refer to the same theme, a loss of human dignity, both physically and emotionally there are a numerous amount of contrasts throughout both texts. Each poet uses different techniques and styles to expose the theme of their poem.
Refugee Blues written in 1939 is written as a blue, a sad song which strongly shows the melancholy feeling. We can see obviously as a refugee the couple has lost their home, their country and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
War Poetry (view all)
- "Ambulances" by Philip Larkin.
- Poetry Comparison - "The Charge Of The Light Brigade&qu...
- The house is a poem written by Matthew Sweeney.
- The Soldier by Rupert Brooke. How does Brooke use his poem ...
- The two poems " Because I Could Not Stop for Death"...
- War Poetry Essays - "Out of the Blue", "Poppi...
- Comparison of Jessie Pope's "Whos for the Game?" a...
- Wilfred Owen and Jesse Pope (Dulce Et Decorum Est VS Who's ...
- Comparing Poets' Attitudes to Conflict in Mametz Wood by Owe...
- Comparing Poems, The Soldier & Dulce et Decorum est.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.