- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparing Two Horror Short Stories - 'The Monkey's Paw' written by W. W. Jacobs and 'The red room' by H G Wells.
The first 200 words of this essay...
English Coursework on Comparing Two Horror Short Stories
'The Monkey's Paw' written by W. W. Jacobs, is about a monkey's paw which has magical powers and which is given to a family of three: a father, a mother and a son, by a man named Sergeant-Major Morris. The monkey's paw had a spell put on it by an old fakir, a holy man, and it gives three wishes to its owner. Mr. White (the father) wished for £200, and the next day an employee of the sons company arrives at the family's home and tells the parents that their son has died in an accident and they will receive some money - they received the exact amount of money they wished for. A few days later, the mother wished for her dead son to return home alive. At the same moment, knocking is heard on the outside door, the father thinks that it's his son knocking on the door, the mother went to open the door but the father uses the last wish. The knocking stops and when the door is opened, no one is there.
'The Red Room' by H.G Wells is about a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
H.G. Wells (view all)
- "The last spin" by Evan hunter is a short story ab...
- 'How does the composer, Shaun Tan, convey the central themes...
- Analysis of the Imagery and Sensuous Appeal: "The Battl...
- Identify the different traits in genetics and determine whet...
- What are the important characteristics of an effective ghost...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Zoey. University Student.