- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparison between the Lamb to the Slaughter And the Speckled Band
The first 200 words of this essay...
Comparison between the Lamb to the Slaughter
And the Speckled Band
I'm doing an essay on the comparisons between the Lamb to the Slaughter and the Speckled Band. I will be looking closely at how tension is developed in 'Lamb to the slaughter' and 'The Speckled Band' and how the author makes the reader want to read on.
Roald Dahl wrote 'Lamb to the Slaughter' and it was first published in September 1953. Roald Dahl is also famous for writing other stories and auto biographies such as Going Solo and the BFG.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote The Speckled Band and it was first published in the 1890's. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle writes about a famous detective called Sherlock Holmes, who is accompanied by his famous assistant, the narrator, Dr Watson. I already know that Sherlock Holmes is a famous detective who solves crimes and that is why people call him to solve the crime or mystery.
In the Lamb to the Slaughter the victim is Patrick Maloney and are led to believe something is wrong. When Patrick comes home, he instantly pours himself a strong drink and a weak one for Mary,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Roald Dahl (view all)
- Critical Response – The Landlady.
- Captain Murderer By Charles Dickens
- Compare "Lamb to the Slaughter" and "The Spec...
- Analytical essay on Roald Dahl's 'The Landlady'.
- The stories which I have chosen to explain how the writers k...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.