- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparison of poems Refugee Blues by W.H.Auden and You Will Be Hearing from Us Shortly by U.A. Fanthorpe.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Comparison of poems 'Refugee Blues' and 'You Will Be Hearing from Us Shortly'
The poem 'Refugee Blues' is written by W.H. Auden, an Anglo-American poet. 'You Will Be Hearing from Us Shortly' is written by U.A. Fanthorpe. Both the poems discuss about the prejudice and discrimination through the use of tone and language. W.H.Auden particularly deals with topics about moral and political issues.
'Refugee Blues' deals with the abuse of human rights experienced not only by the German Jews, but by other Jews and refugees anywhere. It is a moving poem on war, its consequences and also on discrimination. The poem 'You Will Be Hearing from Us Shortly' conjures up an image of a malign interviewer looking down in disgust at the unfortunate interviewee. It is also an address to someone, exemplified by the use of the second person pronoun 'You'.
The title 'Refugee Blues' is a combination of two nouns, 'refugee' and 'blues'. 'Refugee' is a person who flees to another country to escape being persecuted for their religion, politics or to escape war. 'Blues' is a slow sad song, traditionally sung by the African Americans working on slave plantations in the southern states of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparisons (view all)
- The two poems I have chosen to study are The Evacuee by RS T...
- Comparing Nettles and Praise song for my mother
- Poetry analysis
- Comparison of 'Out of the Blue' and 'Futility'
- In both Grandfather by Susan Hrynkow and Jessie Emily Schofi...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.