- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Cousin kate analysis
The first 200 words of this essay...
The poem 'Cousin Kate' is about a young cottage maiden who falls pregnant b the 'Lord of the manor', she thought he loved her but he didn't and when he found out she was pregnant he 'changed [her] like a glove', now he is marrying her cousin, (Kate) 'bound you with his ring' and she is left with no' one because as she pregnant and not married no-one wants to speak to her and everyone where she lives thinks she disgusting an 'unclean thing'
The poem is written by Christina Rossetti and is set in the 19th century; the setting is a small plantation in a small village. The main themes within 'Cousin Kate' are love and relationships and how people can get hurt and let down easily by the other person. The cottage maiden's love I think was naïve but I think she did truly love him, he obviously didn't feel the same way and used her for what he could get from her, and he succeeded, he took he virginity from her and thought nothing of ending the relationship with the cottage maiden even though (I think) she was a young innocent girl. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- An inspector calls Arthur Birling Analysis
- What is the importance of Mrs Birling?
- Just Like That
- Iago has been called a motiveless malignity. Discuss your pe...
- Explore the presentation of 'the woman in black
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.