- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Critical Evaluation - "Animal Farm" - George Orwell.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Critical Evaluation - "Animal Farm" - George Orwell
Raymond England 4r2
The novel "Animal Farm" by George Orwell tells us the story of a farm's change to Communism, through animals. It loosely tells the story of the fall of the Czar's rule and the rise of Communism in Russia. In this Critical Evaluation, I will analyse the major themes in the book and compare how the story runs with history.
Eric Arthur Blair, AKA, George Orwell, was born in 1903 in Bengal, India, the son of an English civil servant. He attended Eton public school from 1917-1921 and served with the Indian Imperial Police in Burma from 1922-1927. From 1936-1937, he fought in the Spanish Civil War. His two most famous books are "1984", written in 1949, and "Animal Farm", which was written in 1945. He also published lesser-known books and many essays until his death in 1950.
"Animal Farm" is a story which exists on two levels, first as a fable in which animals talk and act like humans and secondly as a political satire in which the author hits out at the abuses of the Communist regime and doctrines with reference to Russia
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Animal Farm (view all)
- How does Orwell use the fable form to explore ideas about po...
- Explore the theme of Betrayal in Animal Farm.
- How does Major seek to persuade the animals in chapter one o...
- Who is the hero of Animal Farm?
- Chapter's 7 - 10 Summary of Animal Farm.
- Animal Farm-Question form an Extract from Chapter 8.
- In the novel Animal Farm, author George Orwell shows through...
- Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. Disc...
- Explore the ways that the writers use contrast within a char...
- Animal Farm is a story of betrayal; a fable which uses anima...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.