- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Cyberport - Travel Writing
The first 200 words of this essay...
Cyberport is a vision of a future that never happened, a paused era of the forthcoming halted in the present. It was meant to be a new environment for new business opportunities to bloom juvenile and dynamic, it was the vision of a place of gathering, a place of new developments and new beginnings.
But unfortunately, the plan prevailed, the dream of a modern, stylish and neoteric region shattered. All that is left are glittering architechtural designs, bare and seemingly abandoned in amidst of the sea breeze blowing from the west. People were saying that Hong Kong's "Cyberport" is a real estate development. Now see the empty mall and lost cyber-business. The reason the vision failed was because there were no business in the area, and no shops to attract the external crowd to shop and eat there. Many restaurants were closed, without the flow of customers, the shops are all losing money. Cyberport seem to think that there was no need for shops that provide cheap services as everyone does "e-commerce".
The ruins of Cyberport now lie quiet and composed, it has become a time capsule no one bothered to open. Like a stranded ghost
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Write a letter to a headteacher persuading him/her that all ...
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Write a magazine article persuading teenagers to stop smokin...
- TV review - Why I love "Family Guy"
- Creative Writing: A Newspaper Invites Young People to write ...
- Fundraising Letter. I am delighted to inform you that we ar...
- Argumentative Piece: Undermining of Teenagers By The Media
- Homophobia. Many people base their assertions that being ga...
- Should DIY drugs testing kits be used by parents?
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.